Administers SCA's various awards; develops criteria for the awards, promotes the awards, and selects recipients.
General DescriptionThe Awards Committee is comprised of a chair appointed by the President, with the approval of the Board of Directors, two Past Presidents (preferably to include the Immediate Past President) and two persons from the SCA general membership appointed by the President. A Past President currently serving on the Board may not be appointed chair.
To learn more about current awards visit the Awards & Scholarships section.
- Publicizes awards offered by SCA through announcements in the Newsletter and through appropriate communication channels.
- Establishes a deadline for awards nominations to be sent to the committee chair.
- Distributes nominations to committee membership.
- Evaluates and selects winners from nominees/candidates for each award in each category on the basis of written award criteria. Note: Criteria policy or eligibility questions are directed to the Chair or Board for clarification.
- Notifies awardee and other nominees/candidates for each award in each category.
- Announces awards during the SCA Annual Meeting.
- Writes articles for the Newsletter regarding awards and awardees.
- Develops ideas and reviews suggestions for new awards.
- Develops criteria and guidelines for awards, and makes recommendations to the Board.
- Pays for awardees’ lunch at the awards luncheon only for recipients of the following awards: Archives Appreciation, Sustained Service, Mink, Career Achievement, and Archival Award of Excellent (co-sponsored by CHRAB).
General email: email@example.com
James Eason, 2020-2023: UC Berkeley, firstname.lastname@example.org