The Society of California Archivists (SCA) invites you to submit session proposals for the 2022 Annual General Meeting (AGM)! It will be held IN-PERSON from May 18-21 at the Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel.
The Program Committee invites your submissions, especially those based on next year’s theme Archives Represent. The theme can be broadly interpreted as what archives should, do, and could represent, such as:
- Issues regarding inclusivity and reparative work in the archives
- How archivists are represented in the workplace and labor force
- Archives as authority and how it relates to power imbalances, privilege, and colonial practices
- Archivists’ "presence" during 2020 (i.e. work from home projects, "COVID collecting" projects, archives & activism)
- Redefinition of archives/archivists (what does it mean to be an archivist today?)
- Archives & the digital realm
- Archives and collaborative work within a community
- Considerations on the operational costs of stewardship
Other aspects of archival practice and research are also welcomed.
First-time presenters, current graduate students, early-career professionals, lone arrangers, community members, and other individuals who work with archival materials in less traditional or unconventional roles are encouraged to apply.
SUBMIT YOUR 2022 SCA-AGM PROPOSALS HERE. Or if you have a session topic in mind and want to reach out to possible co-presenters, feel free to use this AGM Session Idea Sheet to help make connections.
The deadline for proposals is Wednesday, December 15, 2021 (11:59p PT).
We look forward to seeing you all in Palm Spring!!!
- The 2022 SCA-AGM Program Committee